You mean even though I have Safari 4.1.3, re-download it to my browser again without doing anything else, or should I delete Safari first? No, then I couldn't update it, duh! Do I need to corral everything in Safari first (somehow) to not get them mixed up? Rita

Originally Posted By: artie505
Originally Posted By: plantsower
Artie:

If I reinstall Safari, I will also have to update it because I have an older version from my CD. I can do that, I guess, but will have to go to a wifi coffee house because if it takes a lot of megabites to update the original, it will eat all my bandwidth. I have Starband at it's lowest and only allowed one Gig a week or I am cut off. A reason I don't watch videos.

If I choose to do this, how do I put my same bookmarks back into the newly downloaded Safari? I know I can save them on my desktop to keep them from being deleted when I remove Safari, but I want them back into the new Safari when I am done. Thanks.

Rita

I wouldn't get involved with an install disc just yet, Rita; for starters, I'd just re-run the Safari 4.1.3 (the latest version of Safari for Tiger) updater...only a 29.46Mb d/l, so your bandwidth cap won't be strained.

As for your bookmarks (~/Library/Safari/Bookmarks.plist, presumably), simply move them back from your desktop to ~/Library/Safari after you've re-updated Safari. (Edit: Elect to replace the existing file if you're asked.)

Also, and please excuse the repeat if this has come up before, in view of your bandwidth cap I suggest that you save the Safari updater and all other d/l's against future need and bandwidth limitations.

Last edited by plantsower; 01/06/12 07:22 PM.

MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8