Originally Posted By: dkmarsh

Quote:
(By way of comparison, I've contracted for 7Gb service, speed tests show a consistent 6.45Mb/sec, and my max d/l speed is about 785Kbps.)

Just so I can be sure I'm not missing something obvious...are you really saying that
  1. you've contracted for a download speed of 7 gigabits per second?
  2. your maximum download speed in practice is 785 kilobits per second?
My internet service is 750 Kbps (that's 750 kilobits per second), and my maximum sustained download speeds are typically about 80-90 KBps (that's kilobytes per second), which figures out to be an actual speed of around 680 Kbps (kilobits per second) of data transfer.

Hard to believe I'm getting download speeds that rival yours with service that's 9,000 times slower. laugh

Good catch!

I stand corrected... I just checked and realized that I've actually contracted for 7Mbps service. Oops! (Wishful thinking, I guess.) blush

So it looks like our experiences are actually in line with each other. (My d/l speed, as reported by Safari is bytes, not bits as you posted, possibly as a result of some mis-statement on my part for which I apologize. [I think I've finally got the bits/bytes thing down pat.])

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire