Originally Posted By: Hal Itosis
Are you nuts? Please don't recommend such practice to anyone else. One of these days you might follow a link to some web page and get owned.
Sure, I'm nuts, but so is everybody else. grin

Just curious, can you run commands with sudo in terminal?
No. That security feature started with Leopard. If I need to use sudo, I change the password from a blank space to an actual password, then change it back when I'm done. I use sudo so rarely (probably counted on the fingers of one hand) that it's not an inconvenience. It's much more convenient for me to just hit Return when I have to enter a password. Yes, it's not secure, but I'm the only person who has physical access to the computer (except my wife, but I trust her). Your point about a web page is well taken, however.

When I tested terminal with sudo whoami, I got the same result as Artie.

BTW —since you have no password —that might have been a propitious place to inform the readership.
Right you are. It's been so long since I set my preferences that I forgot about it. Dkmarsh remembered (he has the memory of an elephant) so I mentioned it in a subsequent post.

Jon

macOS 11.7.10, iMac Retina 5K 27-inch, late 2014, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 1 TB fusion drive, 16 GB RAM, Epson SureColor P600, Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, MS Office 365