I've been reading your links, and I don't think they say what you think they say.

For example, you made the assertion, "telomeres do not really shorten during life." Yet the link you provided at

http://learn.genetics.utah.edu/content/begin/traits/telomeres/

specifically says they do: "Yet, each time a cell divides, the telomeres get shorter. When they get too short, the cell no longer can divide and becomes inactive or "senescent" or dies." Similarly, it says that some cancers have shortened telomeres, but it odes not say that they continue to shorten each time the cancer cell divides (and in fact they do not do so; cancer cells express telomerase, which your cited article also explicitly says).

Ditto for your citation at

http://longevity.about.com/od/whyweage/a/telomere_shortening.htm

The very first paragraph in that article explicitly contradicts your "telomeres do not really shorten during life" claim. And the notion that some people have longer telomeres as they age is based on a study which looks only at blood cells. Blood cells are produced from stem cells in bone marrow which express telomerase, so looking at the telomeres in blood cells does not *necessarily* mean that the person's telomere length in other cells is similarly lengthening (further study, such as examining different types of cells in the same subject, is warranted).

That citation ends with a conclusion very different to you "telomere length is not involved in aging" conclusion; the cited article ends with "What does this mean? Nobody knows. It could be that those people have an amazing cellular anti-aging mechanism or it could be that they have an early sign of cancer (researchers tried to rule this out) or it could be fairly meaningless." and then says "What we do know for sure is that aging is a lot more complicated than simply looking at the shortening of telomeres"--which I think everyone involved in longevity research would agree with.

Telomere length may be one significant factor in aging as it relates to cellular senescence, but it certainly isn't the only factor. If it were, a simple shot of telomerase would be the Fountain of Youth.

Photo gallery, all about me, and more: www.xeromag.com/franklin.html