Originally Posted By: Pendragon
In a bit of discussion with David, the developer of OldSchoogle, I learned that:

The best way to get those pesky side frames to go away using OldSchoogle is to also disable Google Instant at http://www.google.com/preferences. This will set a cookie and tell Google not to use Google Instant and OldSchoogle should work as intended.

OldSchoogle makes its changes to Google's search results page when the page first loads. Google Instant uses javascript/AJAX to dynamically change the content of the page without doing a page load so the OldSchoogle code doesn't get invoked when that happens.

I never was a big fan of Google Instant, so disabling it was no loss and indeed improved (for moi) the performance of OldSchoogle.

Good post, Harv, for both its oldschoogle applicability and its general usefulness to those who've heretofore been unaware of Google prefs. Thanks! smile

(I picked up on Google prefs a few years back and have had Google Instant disabled since whenever, so I wasn't even aware there was an issue.)

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire