> [...] rather than complain on a forum that has no power to do anything about it.

Just to set the record straight, grelber didn't complain; he merely asked how to create a bootable Lion backup disc, and the thread forked off from there.

> The question is not about impossibility, it is about unfairness.

I think it's more about stupidity than it is about unfairness, Alex.

How can Apple say

For users who do not have Broadband Internet access at home, school or work, the OS X Lion USB Thumb Drive is an alternate way to update to OS X Lion.

without also acknowledging that the same set of circumstances affects some purchasers of Macs with pre-installed Lion and results in, under the circumstances, useless "Recovery" functionality?

At any rate, I think that, $ for $, grelber's Time Machine route is a better one than blowing $69 on a thumb drive. (My personal reservation to that is that I like to do a clean install every once in a while when things feel like they're getting sluggish, and Time Machine doesn't allow that [unless maybe the first thing you do when you get your Mac is run TM and use that pristine backup as your "restore disc"].)

Last edited by artie505; 11/09/11 12:12 PM. Reason: English

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire