Originally Posted By: macnerd10
I don't understand your conclusion. It is possible to get Lion bootable backup disk very easily. The bottleneck is only your internet speed (and maybe your reluctance to persevere). If you really wanted it, it would not be impossible to find a place with fast Internet connection (even at an Apple store) or even pay for an Apple dongle.

No offense, but ...

If it were easy, how come this thread is so long? And I can get fast access to the Internet but only for downloading updates onto a thumb drive. But nowhere in this discussion do I recall that such is possible for acquiring install media; it certainly isn't an option on Apple's download site.

And I haven't forgotten your generous offer (in post #18303), for which I'm grateful.

If I were reluctant to persevere, why would I have gotten Pogue's book and commented in that same post that "I plan to go through all 900+ pages of Pogue's book ... slowly and deliberately"? (At present I'm up to page 37.)

I wouldn't know a dongle if I met one in the street, and if I had to pay for it ... well, you know what that's tantamount to. tongue wink
According to TechTerms.com (a nice little site for non-cogniscienti like me) a dongle is a security key, but I don't understand how such would apply here.

Last edited by grelber; 11/05/11 08:40 AM. Reason: dongle definition