For the record: I never had any clone problems either. cool (those few i bothered to test anyway)

But i did help [and/or read about] dozens who did have problems. If y'all want to wander the MFI archive and dig up some old threads, maybe you can explain what actually went wrong. wink [tacit is basically right... and like i said: there was some "linkage" in the clone which made the utility believe it was booted from the same disk it was supposed to repair. No one has ever figured out how exactly that happened (e.g., it's this symlink in /usr/bin or wherever), so no one ever "fixed" whatever it was, nor can anyone predict when it might happen to them.]

Meanwhile, i don't see any need to take a chance, when avoiding the potential issue requires only a basic partition/install.

The SuperDuper philosophy is this: backup... and when the HD fails, you can boot from that backup and "get back to work immediately" (meet deadlines, etc). And that's fine... unless this bug bites (or perhaps if your backup has a "backup" of the same problem).