What on Earth...?

I was simply comparing how two companies that pride themselves on being "Class Acts," Apple and Lexus, have reacted to roughly analogous situations.

And in doing so, I farcically pointed out the ridiculous price tag a Lexus spare tire, donut, whatever would carry if it were priced proportionally to Apple's "spare tire" (which, by the way, will not come with bundled apps [if there still are such things] and, so, may not be a complete solution).

And while I can't question Apple's having directed itself towards "high-speed, always-connected devices and services," I can find serious reason to question its apparently thumbing its nose at upwards of 10% of American and Canadian computer users, plus a perhaps (likely?) greater percentage of the rest of the world, in the process.

Why should anybody be penalized for not having broadband service? Dial-up may not be "The Thing," but it's far from deprecated technology.

Apple can copy Dell and Gateway marketing tactics, but labeling them "green" doesn't make them any less cheap or cheesy.

But is my "outrage" out of line?

What say you, grelber, whose wine cellar will be a couple of bottles less full by virtue of dk's having so magnanimously ceded sixty nine of your dollars to Apple, for a possibly incomplete solution, no less, as a "penalty for (your) refusing to get with the broadband program?"

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire