Originally Posted By: dkmarsh
Quote:
In grelber's shoes, would you find the option of buying a $70 thumb drive an acceptable alternative to the free discs you used to get with a new Mac?

Hmm...if I could afford the purchase of a new iMac with four times as many processors as my first Mac, running at 100 times the clock speed, with a hard drive with 3125 times the capacity, 1000 times as much RAM, and a camera, wireless and Bluetooth built in, for 70% of the price of that first Mac, I think my insistence on feeling screwed over by Apple because of the need to shell out $70 I didn't need to spend back then would be misplaced.

Huh?

Let's suppose that you've just upgraded from your Chevy to a new Lexus, and the owner's manual tells you that
  • Tires rarely go flat.
  • Most people wouldn't even know how to change a flat tire if they encountered one.
  • Most people have cell phones and can call for roadside assistance.
  • Therefore, Lexus is no longer including spare tires with its cars, so you can either buy one for (70/1200 = x/36000 -->) $2100(!) or, if you haven't got a cell phone, sit in the middle of the Mojave Desert and wait until somebody stops and offers assistance.
I expect that you'd not be so blase about that!

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire