There was no sequence of events like that.

I had joined f/book 24 hours earlier and had used an assumed name (as stated in post 1). Let's for the sake of this thread, say that I used "Blue Sky".

The email address which f/book revealed that they knew was mine, is a Business-only back-up. (as stated earlier.) No relatives have ever used it. It could not be in any of their own address books on their own computers, with my real name next to it or associated with it.

There is no way of searching for me, using my real name, on f/book, since I do not exist on f/book in that or (now) any other name.

Even if any relatives had seen their "friend" requests from Blue Sky, whatever they did next would still not have linked "Blue Sky's" membership there, to my Yahoo business email address.

F/book, not having my real name at any point, have no way of associating me with the back-up business email address at Yahoo.

The only possible explanation is that they used a five-days old cookie to this computer, where they found ME using that Yahoo log-in.

I call that spying, and very overt spying now that they have proved that they do that. It is none of their goddammed business what I do on my own computer, off their site, days earlier. At that point I was NOT a member of their repulsive site and had only visited for a few seconds, five days earlier. Yes, I do call this sinister and it should be a criminal offence.

I also continue to be upset that another member of this forum has planted the seed of doubt that Admins here could look at other people's cookies to snoop on our internet browsing too. I am still waiting for someone in authority to unambiguously deny this, not only to me but to every other of this forum too.

Until I have such assurance, it is a dammed nuisance having to delete cookies for FTM every time I log out.