I've been thinking about this and reckon that Hal has done this forum a great disservice. He has put into my mind and anyone else who reads this, that the Admins of this forum may, can, and perhaps do

look at member's cookies to examine their browsing activities.

I already know that this forum uses Statcounter or similar, and I have no problem with that: I use it on my own website.

I would have thought that Adminning this forum is hardly a full-time job, given the low traffic. However the seed of doubt has now been planted. Maybe some of the multiple Mods are so underoccupied that they do look at the content of user cookies? Just as F/book may do.

Having said that, I have my browsing history here on this particular Mac. Today was the first time I went to f/book on this Mac. I still don't know how they KNEW of my other Yahoo account but it's scared me enough to make me clear cookies for every single website before AND after going there. (Right now the only cookies enabled are google and this one, which I had to enable in order to log in. I'll clear it when I've finished this post.)

This is Not Good. Thanks, Hal. And I'd appreciate some reassurance from Admin/Mods for what it's worth.