Originally Posted By: macnerd10
Agree on this...

If he has an Apple Sore nearby, he might have some luck talking the geniuses into giving him an installer copy on a USB drive or even allow him to use their broadband to download. Maybe it's wishful thinking...
Otherwise, after having shelled out more than a grand on an iMac, he probably should just bite the bullet and spend 70 more for their USB toy.

If the rules don't forbid, I can volunteer and send him my DVD copy. How's that? We are both legitimate users of Lion after all.

I read somewhere that one of the options Apple has offered non-broadband users is the opportunity to d/l Lion at an Apple Store, which, unfortunately, is of no benefit to most of the world. (Sorry...can't locate the article.)

Buying the thumb drive is, of course, an option, but Apple has got to do better than that... "It just works!" does not work if it requires one to pay extra for the privilege!!!

I can't help thinking, though, that it's very difficult to believe that Apple has overlooked/failed to provide for the situation under discussion.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire