Originally Posted By: grelber
The gist of the discussion is that I won't have a back-up disk, since I don't understand the suggestions for action given.
I also read the Lion Recovery Disk Assistant article and couldn't make head or tail of it.
As I've noted in the Lounge, I'm bowing out.

I must confess that I'm rather disappointed with the lack of effort you seem to be willing to invest in dealing with your own question. In the course of answering it I alone spent several times the time needed to do what you're asking: making a bootable Lion backup disk. And then I'm not even talking about the other respondents.

Let's briefly go through the solution I offered, the Lion Recovery Disk Assistant. The KB article linked to clearly states that you'd need
(1) a Mac with a Lion Restore HD,
(2) an external USB hard drive or thumb drive (min. 1GB),
(3) a copy of Lion Recovery Disk Assistant (appr. 1MB download).

What don't you get about that?

You've got (1), I suggest you get a 2-4GB thumb drive for (2), and even on your dialup the LRDA (3) should download pretty quickly.
Why the thumb drive? It will be much faster than the DVD you wanted to go for, is easier to update, handy and cheap ($5-10).

Next you plug in that thumb drive, run LRDA, select the thumb drive as target, follow the remaining screen instructions, and presto!, done.

And then you want to bow out? I don't get that... confused

alternaut moderator