Originally Posted By: Bensheim
Er, Grelber, for what it's worth, many (in my opinion, wonderful) people here are trying to help you.
Yet it's getting harder to help you with all that anger and hostility coming down the line. In my opinion.
You chose to make the huge leap from OS9 to Lion. You could have chosen an easier migration.
I somehow do not think you're going to get the resolution you seek, for many different reasons, now.
People here, who are a fantastic free resource, have tried over and over again to offer expertise; yet all you do is continue to rage over your own buying decision.

For the most part I agree with you.

There are indeed many wonderful people here trying to help — which I truly appreciate.

In point of fact much of the help offered does not work in 10.7, at least not with my iMac, and I have gotten into serious trouble trying to adapt the advice and, fortunately, other wonderful people have saved me from my screwing up after having done so.

That's the reason I moved to the Lounge to rant and vent, preferring not to 'contaminate' the troubleshooting issues in the various other forums. I think that's reasonable on both counts.

And when I get mis- or non-understanding of my plights (with the same advice being proffered, even by Apple techs, over and over again despite my plaint that it's not working for me), most significantly with the attempt to make the Help Viewer function properly, you might empathize (or at least sympathize) with my frustration and despondency.

Any road ... it is what it is. And I appreciate your input and concern.