I'm starting this thread in the Lounge because continued rants in the parent thread "Help - Content not available" in Mac OS X Applications is inappropriate. (If it's not, I'm sure the moderators will deal with it.) So, here goes ...

Lion is the most complicated and opaque entity that I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. It makes a flight manual seem like a Dick & Jane reader. In fact, I may just go out for a flight to relax and give Apple the finger from a mile high. Then maybe I'll do a couple of surgeries, since the internal workings of animals and their repair are far more transparent than Lion, and fixing them provides a high level of satisfaction and feeling of achievement which messing/muddling around with Lion sure doesn't.
[Bitter and frustrated and disappointed and borderline depressed?! You bet!]

Two decades ago I convinced my computer-illiterate sister to get engaged with Macs, if only so we could email one another (rather than use snail mail and telephone). Then, through various generations of PPCs, I had to help her troubleshoot and maintain her hardware and software, as well as guide her through the 'intricacies' of the Internet.
In the past few years she has outpaced me by switching to OS X (through a series of eMacs and iMacs) and can handle various applications such as iPhoto (that I have zero interest in) like a pro. I might be able to password her router (about which I know nothing and can only manage via hit-or-miss techniques), but that's just a fluke.
Given that sort of history, if she can do it, why can't I deal with the ins and outs of Lion?! I'm not exactly stupid, but my current experience with Apple would sure seem to point in that direction. There is something seriously wrong with the way Apple's Mac hardware and software have evolved to make me feel the way I do ... and I resent it.
I'm essentially reduced to using my computer for word processing, email, trivial Web browsing, and the like ... unless I go back to my old iMac and OS 9, which give me no grief and no "Content not available".