No dice on all counts.

I went to HD and into my home folder and it won't allow me to delete anything (just like before).

That article on Disk Utility is useless since my iMac didn't come with any disks. So I apparently can't repair permissions or anything else for that matter.

As for making "changes to your User account like adding accounts, deleting accounts, changing passwords, and/or changing the type of account", what would that be in aid of?!

- - - - -

I found a Disk Utility application in my Utilities folder. It doesn't allow me to repair the disk (ie, Repair Disk is greyed out).

I was able to repair permissions on a bunch of modem related issues, which were the only things Verify Disk Permissions found out of sorts, except for:

Warning: SUID file “System/Library/CoreServices/RemoteManagement/ARDAgent.app/Contents/MacOS/ARDAgent” has been modified and will not be repaired.

What's up with that? I have no idea what any of that means or whether it's a disaster.

Moreover, one of the Disk Utility's instructions states:
If the disk needs repairs, start up from your Mac OS installation disc, and then choose Utilities > Disk Utility.

Yeah, how with no Mac OS installation disc?!?!?!?

This all seems to be a cruel sick joke designed to drive people like over the edge. It's pretty much working.