Originally Posted By: macnerd10
Then I don't understand where did you get the Normal file from in the first place when the user Library was invisible. By Spotlight search?

I should have been more clear:
The Library is invisible in the home folder. In 10.6 (eg) it is visible there. Apple 'hid' it.
To gain access and to manipulate Library, go to Go in Finder menu bar, press option key when dropdown menu appears which will make Library appear; click on same and a Library panel appears. Drag and drop the little folder next to the title Library (at top of panel) into the Favorites list in the side bar of that panel. (Note: It can't be added to home folder (since it's already there but hidden and inaccessible).]
Then Library will appear in any such panel, including Word, such that its contents can be used as desired.
Clear? Or still muddy? That's about the best I can do in terms explanation.

Spotlight sucks beyond all measure! Every time I try to use it, it just brings up thousands of my own documents which decidedly have no relevance whatsoever; as noted before and elsewhere, Spotlight insists that the search term is in the file name and it never is. I will never use Spotlight again for anything.