Originally Posted By: alternaut
Originally Posted By: artie505
...in this thread the question mark replaces the â„¢ that I typed.

Within the posts it does so for me too, but not in the post titles, except in the title of this reply where I manually changed it. I suspect it'll be fine in replies to this post as well.

PS, the substitution in this thread might be explained by the time of the first occurrence, on the day the UBB.threads update was installed, but before the character set change by cyn. All subsequent occurrences were just inherited, not created anew. But this explanation doesn't fly with the Word thread, unless there was character set hanky-panky around the time of the first post there as well (~ 8AM, 10/05/11).

I just started a new thread, and the â„¢ came through, so I guess your guess is correct.

I'd appreciate your clarifying "Within the posts it does so for me too, but not in the post titles".

Thanks.

Edit: Hmmm... There was the security update to the security update that tacit mentioned, but I've got -0- idea when it was installed.

Last edited by artie505; 10/05/11 09:16 PM.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire