Originally Posted By: dboh
Quote:
Note: I don't write electronic checks; what I said was that Chase stores my handwritten checks on line so they don't have to expend time, effort, and money returning them to me.

Yes, I have that too. But I'm talking about companies electronically "cashing" them. They don't physically submit the checks to the bank. MasterCard and Visa don't physically send the checks back to the banks to get cashed; they wire what the check's for and the bank gives them that amount.

I pay with paper checks; the majority of my checks aren't even stored online because the bank never gets them.

Thanks for the clarification.

Actually, I thought that checks mailed to guys like MasterCard went to lockboxes and did physically get to the bank as do my checks to Con Edison and Verizon.

At any rate, as I said, I keep close tabs on my bank balances, so if there's a screw-up, which, by the way, has never happened, I'll be on top of it in short order.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire