If that CUPS thing is on my machine, it's sure doing a good job of hiding. It only shows up if I go to that URL while online.

That Favorites thing is a colossal waste of time (as noted in my post to jchuzi). "Flow" is everything when composing.

Now I'm noticing that my space bar doesn't want to function properly thus allowing words to run together. And there's no way to control for speed of typing (which might alleviate the problem, which (again) would not occur in OS 9 which allows the key speed to be adjusted, not just the 'repeat' speed).

Add to that: I’ve just spent an hour and a half on the telephone with Apple Tech Support, mostly with a supervisor, and they couldn’t do anything for me with regard to any of the stuff we’ve been dancing around with in this forum.
I’m just about ready to throw in the towel — meaning return the equipment to its maker*, continue blissfully on with my iMac DV SE and Mozilla until they crash and burn, and then leave the computer world completely.

Do I sound depressed? Jawohl. But I’m being realistic about wanting to stop the frustration and all other negative issues I’ve been undergoing.

* How do I erase all additions to the computer (programs, files, caches, etc) added to it since I fired it up? I don't want my personal information left on the machine if I return it.

Right now I've got to go back to my old set-up just to retain my sanity, otherwise I might throw myself under a bus.