Originally Posted By: grelber
I don't understand.

1. What's Favorites? It's not 'easy' if I don't know where or what it is or how to use it (make it do my bidding).

2. I put that URL in and got an online panel. But how does that relate to what I need?
I need a fax log which specifies what I sent (ie, copy of same), time and date stamps, person and place faxed, etc.

3. And I still need to know how to search and get relevant stuff back. As noted, the only thing that ever pops up is a whack of my Word documents which are completely irrelevant to the search.
There must be some setting for Search that will provide something other than phoney results.

1. "Favorites" is for "bookmarking" Character Viewer items that you foresee using and re-using; it makes them more easily accessible than searching for them time after time would be.

If you need to use a "Favorite," you launch Character Viewer, hit the "Favorites" tab, select the item you want, and hit "Insert;" your item will be entered in the doc you are working on when you call up CV.

2. As I said, I'm not at all certain that it's of any use to you, but since it purports to be a fax log it may actually contain the info for which you're looking; if you've sent any faxes from your new iMac do they appear under Jobs > Completed Jobs, and is their documentation sufficient for your needs?

> But what good is this if it's not on my machine?

My bad... I should have explained that the "CUPS thing" is on your machine, not on the Internet (but please don't ask me to be any more specific).

3. Many FTMers use EasyFind; I suggest that you d/l it and give it a try. (Personally, I disable Spotlight and use EasyFind exclusively.)

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire