Originally Posted By: grelber
And then I came across a panel which is titled Characters showing various things and notes that one can “Add to Favorites”. What does that mean? And how would one use it? What are Favorites and how do they relate to working with a keyboard and writing stuff down? This is all massively confusing.

And yes, it is "a description of what you found in Console > /private/var/log > fax" (ie, of no value).
As for the URL: I don't know which one you're referring to, but I certainly read at one point or another.

Character Viewer is a compilation of characters, symbols, fonts, et al that you'll have to completely peruse to understand, and adding items to "Favorites" is simply an easy way to access (Edit: and enter) them again after you've worn out your eyeballs finding them the first time.

OK... Try this: Enter http://127.0.0.1:631/printers/Modem_interne in the address bar of a new Safari window, hit "enter." and see what comes up.

Edit 2: What you're going through is an object lesson in the value of periodic, incremental upgrades.

Further, trying to reconcile OS 9 functionality with that of OS X 10.7 is major-league frustrating, so please bear with me if I seem to get cross occasionally. smile

Last edited by artie505; 10/03/11 10:42 AM.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire