Originally Posted By: grelber
1. I couldn't find Keyboard Viewer and when I did a search for it all that showed up was a bunch of my documents which (again) supposedly had that in the file name which isn't the case.
What is wrong with the way I'm searching? I go to a panel which shows me Macintosh HD and I put the search term in the upper right space and the above is what happens/results.

2. I did as suggested in Console and all that showed up were uninterpretable lists of things the computer did, not a log which a user can comprehend. I'm looking for something far more user-friendly such as I had in fax STF.

1. The problem with the way you're searching is... You're searching rather than following posted instructions; my posts #17782 and #17783 detail how to access Keyboard Viewer and Character Viewer and get their icon into your menu bar.

2. Is "all that showed up were uninterpretable lists of things the computer did" a description of what you found in Console > /private/var/log > fax, and did you try the URL I posted?

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire