Originally Posted By: grelber
1. But did you try the URL I posted?
In Snow Leopard I've got a fax log, so it seemed reasonable that Lion might generate one. (Edit: In case it's not obvious, fax is under /private/var/log.)

The URL posted led to Apple discussion group, which wasn't relevant.

2. How do I find /private/var/log — whatever that is?

As I've noted, I have no clue how OS X organizes stuff, how to find anything (trying searches usually just gives me a huge list of stuff that doesn't address the issue; eg, if I search for "fax", it gives me a thousand documents with the word fax in the file name, which in fact do not have the word in the file name). All very frustrating.

3. The current equivalent of KeyFinder is, I guess, /Apps/Font Book.

That doesn't even come close; just a picture of keys without a way to choose where to find things such as 2-em dash (opt+shift+hyphen). This is all going to be a real pain without KeyFinder.

1. Wrong URL... I meant this one: <http://127.0.0.1:631/printers/Modem_interne> (Omit the <>.)

2. Sorry for being unclear... I meant that you should look for /private/var/log in Console's sidebar and, after clicking on the disclosure triangle, see if you've got a fax log.

3. Edit: Your description is of Keyboard Viewer, not Font Book, so check out FB and see if it's at all useful.

Launch Keyboard Viewer and watch what happens when you depress (one at a time) the function and option keys; you may find it helpful.

I'm not really clear about KeyFinder's functionality; maybe somebody more familiar with it can point you in the right direction.

Last edited by artie505; 10/03/11 09:32 AM.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire