Originally Posted By: grelber
1. Yes, I've got the USR5637 modem, but it's the software which is no longer in OS X. I have yet to find any freeware.

2. There were 2 "libraries" or some such from which one could take pictures for use in screen saver or other places.

3. When I started up this machine it asked me to provide a photo or artwork as an identity icon (which pops up in sign on). Even if I had something here, I wouldn't know how to change that icon.

!@#$%^&... I just lost another post (that I thought I'd saved)! mad

1. (Edit: There is no separate fax software; it's built into the print functionality, and,) as reported in How to fax with Lion, you can fax from Lion without any 3rd party software:
  1. Add your modem as a device.
  2. Launch a doc that you want to fax.
  3. Hit command-P, and somewhere in the dialog box with which you're presented or one of its clickable options you should find a "Fax" option.
2. All I can do is repeat myself: SEARCH!!!

3. Step by step...
  1. Navigate to /Apps/SysPrefs > Account > Your name > Password.
  2. Click on your user picture.
  3. Click on "Edit Picture."
  4. Click on "Choose" in the dialog box with which you're presented and you'll be able to navigate your entire file system and select the picture you prefer to use (when you've found it).

Last edited by artie505; 10/02/11 12:39 PM.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire