> Both articles were good but left a bad taste.

If you combine
Quote:
"First, the Print & Fax preference pane from 10.6 Snow Leopard is now called Print & Scan, but when you click the + button to add a device, you can still add a fax modem" (from the TidBITS site and duplicated in the "How to..." linked document)

with the info found in How to fax with Lion (when Apple gets its Website back up and running), i.e. that after adding your modem as a device you can fax directly from a command-P dialog box, it sounds like you've got the built-in faxing capability for which you're looking.

Give it a spin. smile

> Now how about?: Somewhere on my old iMac there’s a library of photos from which I chose a desktop picture, but I can’t find it.

Now you're asking me to be even more psychic than I already am! grin

Is it a library you created, or is it a default OS 9.x library?

I assume you can't search for it because you can remember neither what it's called nor the name of any of the photos it contains?

My recollection of OS 9.x is that its file system is neither terribly extensive nor complex, so, as a last resort, I'll simply suggest that you go through it, folder by folder, until you find what you're looking for.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire