I tried running a Google search at MFIF archives with no real results and decided that asking here would be faster.

I'm using Toast Titanium 8.0.5. My neighbor has a DVD-ROM (music tracks) of his 1959 high school class reunion and he wanted me to copy it. Toast reported read errors on the DVD-ROM and recommended using Toast's Disc Recovery option. I tried that and the blank DVD burned partially until I got an error message saying:

The drive reported an error:
Sense Key = MEDIUM ERROR
Sense Code = 0x0C
WRITE ERROR

The blank DVD was a Phillips DVD-R 1-8X that have had for some time and not necessarily stored under the best conditions. I had tried other blanks from the same spool previously and got write errors. In fact, the last attempt gave me problems in ejecting the blank and I had to restart with the mouse down in order to eject it.

I'm assuming that these error messages can be believed in that the DVD-ROM has issues and the blanks are bad. I'm willing to try this again with Disc Recovery and a different brand but I have forgotten which brand of DVD-R is generally recommended. I have never burned DVDs before, only CDs and never had a problem with CDs.

Any thoughts?

Jon

macOS 11.7.10, iMac Retina 5K 27-inch, late 2014, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 1 TB fusion drive, 16 GB RAM, Epson SureColor P600, Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, MS Office 365