Not having a lot of fun dealing with the new iMac and set-up – although I like the wired full keyboard and the Magic Mouse and the galaxy screen saver for the Desktop.

The USRobotics 5637 modem works but is slow (and I can’t find out how to determine transmission rate, which was always visible in the ARA panel) and it doesn’t appear to have an activity log so that I can determine how long each connection session is (again unlike ARA). Tech support at USRobotics advises that a log should be somewhere on my Mac, but if it is I have no way of finding it. Any ideas on any of this?

Somewhere on my old iMac there’s a library of photos from which I chose a desktop picture, but I can’t find it. I’d like to transfer them to my new iMac and put them in a similar library (to use, eg, for the stupid ID picture on logging in to my own computer, which is a royal pain). Anybody have a clue?

As for transferring files I’m just going to copy to a USB drive and be done with it. At least the technique is transparent. It takes a while to load the thumbdrive but it transfers quickly onto the new iMac.