OK... It happened again, and this time I've got a handle on what it was that happened:

1. I quit and restarted Safari, and "Safari"and "Safari Web Content" showed respective "Real Memory" usage of 94.5 and 44.2Mb.

2. 7 hours later, with "Safari"and "Safari Web Content" showing respective "Real Memory" usage of 199.1 and 423.6Mb (Note the reversal.), I put my MacBook (OS X 10.6.8/Safari 5.1) to sleep.

3. 3 hours later I woke my deuced Mac(hina) from sleep and hit control-S (my Safari hot key) to bring Safari to the front, and the open page (It happened to be the FTM Forums Index.) began to appear, then, all of a sudden, disappeared and was replaced by a new, empty page that turned into the FTM Forums Index.

4. Realizing what had happened, I immediately looked at Activity Monitor and saw that "Safari's" and "Safari Web Content's" respective "Real Memory" usage were 199.5 and 47.8Mb...that while "Safari's" was essentially unchanged, that of "Safari Web Content" had dropped to more or less its launch level...your renderer crash!

Edit: By the way... Remember that you can revert to Safari 5.0.5 by running the 10.6.8 Combo.

Last edited by artie505; 09/25/11 03:12 PM.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire