Originally Posted By: grelber
The new iMac has a FireWire 800 port, whereas my current machine has an older FW port. Are there adapters so that I can continue to use my CD burner (LaCie) and laser printer (Lexmark E120n), both of which use the older style cable? Or are those peripherals no longer usable with the new iMac?
I have used the Moshi FW adapter with great success. It is essentially a very short FW 800-400 cable.

Originally Posted By: grelber
Assuming that I can connect my iMac DV SE (running Mac OS 9.0.4 and using Mozilla 1.0.1 browser) to the new iMac (running Mac OS X 10.7 and using Firefox browser), using a USB cable, how would I get my Mozilla bookmarks off my current set-up and into the new iMac?
[I discussed this with a colleague who just got a new Power Book Pro, and he was unable to transfer the bookmarks from one machine to the other, even though both were running OS X (10.6 to 10.7) and using Firefox.]
I don't know about your situation since one machine is running 9.0.4, but your colleague should be able to do this by copying ~/Library/Application Support/Firefox from one computer to the other. Firefox does things a bit differently from other browsers and that Firefox folder contains everything from FF. In my setup, it contains a bookmarkbackup folder as well as a file labeled bookmarks.html. The latter may be from using Bookdog to synchronize bookmarks from Safari, so it may not apply in your colleague's case (Safari is my default browser). Of course, he will have to access ~/Library, which is hidden by default in 10.7. Read Access User ~/Library Folder in OS X Lion for instructions.

Last edited by jchuzi; 09/25/11 10:33 AM. Reason: added info about showing ~/Library

Jon

macOS 11.7.10, iMac Retina 5K 27-inch, late 2014, 3.5 GHz Intel Core i5, 1 TB fusion drive, 16 GB RAM, Epson SureColor P600, Photoshop CC, Lightroom CC, MS Office 365