Originally Posted By: dkmarsh

You might want to provide some context for those figures by telling us how much installed RAM you have.

4Gb RAM installed; thanks for thinking of that.

Edit: I should have supplemented that by mentioning that I had quit and relaunched Safari not too long before I took that Activity Monitor reading; immediately after launch, "Safari" uses less RAM than does "Web Content," but it doesn't take very long before they reverse positions. (When I quit Safari last night, WC and S were using around 870 and 170Mb of RAM, respectively.)

Note: Safari 5.1, in and of itself, makes MemoryStick* a useful desktop appurtenance; it's kinda fascinating watching the "Active" segment of the graph grow as quickly and as large as it does.

*) MemoryStick is no longer available at this location. The following direct download link still works: http://sbc.apeth.com/downloads/MemoryStick1.5.zip

Last edited by alternaut; 09/25/11 08:30 PM. Reason: Added footnote with current download link

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire