Originally Posted By: tacit
... City Museum was the most delightful place I've been in a very long time.

Disbelieving exhilaration was the feeling I got (and still get) when visiting the City Museum. It's like nothing you'd expect in a 'museum', and a work in continuous progress. Amazingly imaginative.

The former Fundamentalist Mormon compound was in the outskirts of Salt Lake City, and has become cheap apartments for college kids. The apartments are very strangely arranged; each one is four bedrooms arranged around a central living room attached to a huuuuuuge kitchen.
Sounds very much like a layout seen in Georgia Tech's dorms, the ones that are '96 Olympic Village 'hand-me-downs'.

The Spelunking was at Meramec Cavern in Missouri. Had we had more time, we probably would have stopped at a bunch of other caves too.
I considered the proximity of Meramec and other caves to your I-70 itinerary, but enjoyed an 'Occam's shave' by lumping the spelunking in with the City Museum. laugh

As to polygamy and its 'fairness' vis-a-vis women, that's always been a bothersome non sequitur to me. Sociologically understandable, perhaps, but never from the point of view of equality.

alternaut moderator