Thank you both for those very kind words.

At MFI Forums I had exhausted all efforts to log in as I wanted, including the advice from cyn, but to no avail. I was able to log in to one forum as 'Andreas' but CNET told me I would have to choose a different name for the other forums "as that name was already in use" but I could keep "Andreas" for that one forum if I so wished. (Pretty bizarre, I felt.) I *politely* (true!) asked them to investigate and see if they could cure the problem. No reply. I emailed them again a month later asking if there was any progress - again no reply. Enough already - goodbye! Now, seeing what CNET have done to the forums I've removed them from my Bookmarks.

it was marvellous to come here and see all those familiar and highly respected names. I don't have time to be here very often, but with that list of names I will hardly be much needed. All the very best to this new venture.

Now I'm going to get reprimanded for being off-topic in this thread. So what's new?  smile  

Jon, that script fell foul of a clear out of old threads at bombich forums and I only recently realised and resurrected it, but too late to re-set the old URL.

Andreas