Originally Posted By: artie505
That's odd.

Have you either restarted or logged out/in since trashing your original plist?

Yes. That was the case and, to double-check, I've done it again (trashed the plist, shutdown, and restarted) and just got this same result.

bplist00—_ __NSEnableTSMDocumentWindowLevel
./

I note that the menu bar loading pretty close to instantaneous. I've just entered Hal's command kextstat |grep -v com.apple into Terminal and got this:

Last login: Fri Aug 12 03:09:59 on console
user-names-imac:~ username$ kextstat |grep -v com.apple
Index Refs Address Size Wired Name (Version) <Linked Against>
104 0 0x1670000 0x5000 0x4000 com.hzsystems.driver.CDSDAudioCaptureSupport (1.5) <102 5 4 3 1>
user-inames-imac:~ username$

Originally Posted By: artie505
Did you try leaving Sophos installed but with its menu bar icon de-activated?

Edit: Hmmm... I don't see Sophos included in the plist you posted; I wonder what's up with that?

I assume you mean the plist info in Post #16925. If so, and I'm only guessing here - is it meaningful that "Toast 10 Titanium#@g@_495 477 450 250 0 0 1440 878" is there, although it's not something that appears in the bar?

Note that in Post #16916, Item 10, I mentioned that my audio stopped working and that: "A check of the sound output showed it had been switched to "CD Spin Doctor Capture Support" rather than Internal Speakers."

Earlier in the thread there were references to "com.hzsystems.driver" - a non-Apple kernel extension which seemed to be connected to CD Spin Doctor, an app that comes with Roxio Toast.

joemike mentioned he has CD Spin Doctor but doesn't have that driver.

So I went to the extensions folder just now and removed "CDSDAudioCaptureSupport.kext", rebooted, and entered kextstat |grep -v com.apple into Terminal. I got the same result as above. I also found that the extension was back in the Extensions Folder.

I have just used Clean App to remove CD Spin (there were 2 versions) and the associated files, including plists. I also went back to the Systems Extensions folder and again removed "CDSDAudioCaptureSupport.kext".

I have restarted and entered kextstat |grep -v com.apple into Terminal, getting this result:

Last login: Fri Aug 12 04:14:39 on console
55 0 0x354ca000 0x3000 0x2000 com.olympus.CamFWSerialBusProtocolTransport (2.0.0) <54 53 49 37 8 5 4 3 1>
user-ingliss-imac:~ username$

A quick check of Extensions Folder - and "CDSDAudioCaptureSupport.kext" remains gone.

So I'm going back to bed. I just got up for a drink of water and thought I'd do a 'quick perusal of FTM'. Sigh.

ryck

Updated plist information (10:52):

Double-click gets:

bplist00—_ __NSEnableTSMDocumentWindowLevel
./

kextstat |grep -v com.apple gets:

Last login: Fri Aug 12 09:51:58 on console
user-names-imac:~ username$

Another log-in, just now, returns the same Terminal information as above except for a changed log-in time.

Note: Just guessing, but perhaps this is logical as the only items in the right side of the Menu Bar are Apple functions - Time Machine, Bluetooth, Audio, Clock, Spotlight.

Last edited by ryck; 08/12/11 04:58 PM.

ryck

"What Were Once Vices Are Now Habits" The Doobie Brothers

iMac (Retina 5K, 27", 2020), 3.8 GHz 8 Core Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM, 2667 MHz DDR4
OS Sonoma 14.4.1
Canon Pixma TR 8520 Printer
Epson Perfection V500 Photo Scanner c/w VueScan software
TM on 1TB LaCie USB-C