Dear Alt,

I don't want wireless keyboards!, my wireless mouse already EATS batteries, and I can't be doing with replacing AA batteries on a weekly basis on wireless keyboards when it is not in any way necessary. What's wrong with USB wired? iMacs come with 4 USB ports - that's what they're for, I reckon.

Thanks for your links on taking apart and cleaning keyboards, I did look at them. However it was a buckling spring keyboard which I ruined by cleaning it, not a membrane one. In any case, I can't help feeling that life is simply too short for all that fiddling with tiny screws..........

To my astonishment, utter astonishment, I now see that Cherry are doing buckling spring extended Mac keyboards on Amazon for between only £13.35 (Spill Resistant) and £61.27 (different model); and that Matias Tactile Pro for Mac can be had either from them or Amazon for £118.80.

I had just got through telling my boss that they don't make buckling spring keyboards any more, then a minute's search revealed all those purchasing opportunities. I'm amazed.

But I'm hoping he'll give up his mechanical keyboard and join the slim stainless steel (extended, wired) Apple keyboards like the rest of us. Give it time......... cool