Originally Posted By: artie505
This slideshow begins with a shot of the ubbthreads_stock theme taken at the same time the ubbthreads_funetunedmac theme shots were taken. (I see a blue cast in the "stock" shot, too.)

(I'd still love to know why Photo Booth could not capture the blue. confused )

I think my "blue screen" issue has finally been resolved...

As I reported here, my backlight went totally kaput last week, and my entire display was replaced by Apple(Care).

Judging from what I'm now seeing, I'll guess that my backlight was defective out of the box, but without showing any real evidence thereof. (Having come from a matte screen to a glossy screen I had no way of knowing how things should actually have looked on my new display.)

My screen is now considerably brighter and bluer than it was before the repair, so I'll further guess that my issue was a temporary aberration, that was temporarily corrected by Apple's having replaced my fan, in my basic backlight glitch.

It thus becomes apparent that I couldn't capture the blueness in screenshots because it was a backlight issue rather than something on my screen.

And I'll further guess that Photo Booth couldn't capture the blueness because it was just plain too subtle.

I hope that's clear enough.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire