Here's how to find Wish Shell via Spotlight (note that these steps are for a Mac running OS X 10.5.8, so if the default folder selection issue I mention has been changed in Snow Leopard, that step will be able to be skipped):

Navigate, in Finder, to your boot volume's /System folder. In the Finder window toolbar, type wish into the search box.

Just below the toolbar, you'll see something like this:

Code:
Search:    This Mac  "System"  |  Contents  File Name		Save  +

By default, This Mac will be highlighted, meaning that Spotlight will search your entire Mac, subject to the normal limitation that System files are not included (assuming you haven't taken steps to ensure that they're always included in such Mac-wide searches).

Click "System" instead, to change the location of the search to /System. (At this point, my search yields 157 results, almost entirely C Header Source Files.) To isolate the application result(s), click on the Kind column heading and scroll up or down as needed until you reach Application in the list of results. Or, more formally, click the plus sign at the far right of the bar below the toolbar; this adds another search criterion, which by default is Kind is Any. Click Any and select Application from the pop-up menu. (In my case, this yields a single result: Wish Shell.app.)

Revised approach: In this particular case, it turns out that only a smattering of the results include wish in the name, so it would've been just as quick to click on File Name to change the initial search criterion from Contents as it was to filter by Kind.

To replicate this revised search in Terminal, paste the following command:

mdfind -onlyin /System "kMDItemDisplayName == *Wish*"

If you get accustomed to it, mdfind is a far quicker and more easily customizable interface to the Spotlight engine. The downside, of course, is that the results aren't clickable, so when you need to inspect individual files to see which result is the one you're looking for, it's much more cumbersome than using a regular Spotlight search results window.

dkmarsh—member, FineTunedMac Co-op Board of Directors