User brought in a computer that time machine keeps erroring out on, with "error: (-41) SrcErr:no" logged in console. (and the usual "it didn't work, maybe try it again?" error message from TM) Googling around shows lots of people with similar errors in time machine but no real help short of deleting the offending file or excluding it from the backup. (not really a good solution)

I get info on the file and am shocked to see 25 permissions for the file, the first 22 of which are (username): Custom. Looking around, many/most/all? of the files in the thunderbird mailstore suffer from this huge permissions list. I'm speculating that TM is having problems because of this. I suppose these are ACLs? Any remedy? got a command I can issue to wipe CUSTOM/ACL accesses in a tree?

It's not necessarily a problem of how many of these perms there are, but one or more of them may be restricting TM from accessing the file, and I don't know how to get more information on these permissions to see what they're trying to do. (fighting each-other would be a good guess?) I'm hoping there's a good CLI command to view/modify/clear ACLs?

I work for the Department of Redundancy Department