I have not restarted. Maybe tomorrow or if it happens again. I'm totally afraid of being locked out or having apps not work if I use the test account. Probably silly. Thanks for info. Of course, if I do get locked out, you will have to be my locksmith and get me back in!!!

Rita

Originally Posted By: artie505
Originally Posted By: plantsower
I don't remember the weird stuff but will pay more attention now. I do remember one thing. Yesterday my ClamXav window popped up for no reason. It never does that. It didn't say I had a virus or anything. Didn't say I needed to update it. It just popped onto the screen.

When I try to get into my test account, it says I need to change the password. Is that normal? Can I have the test account open at the same time as my regular account? It freaks me out to mess with my account. I don't want to screw anything up.

Rita

> YEAH, but I didn't know where else to post it.

Safari/All browser questions belong in "Networking."

None of that-all sounds normal.

Have you restarted since this all began? Try starting up in Safe Mode (What is Safe Boot, Safe Mode?)

This will perform some diagnostics, clear some caches, and may help you when you restart regularly.

If you get any pop-ups, please make a note of what they say and let us know.

You can only be logged in to one account at a time, so to log in to your test account you've got to log out of your boot account.

MacBook Pro - M2, Ventura 13.6
Safari Tech Prev 17.0
Safari 16.6
Firefox 116.0.2
iPhone 7 Version 15.8