Originally Posted By: joemikeb
Originally Posted By: artie505
I grew up taking things apart just so I could see how they were put together, and the concept of using "prefabs" without ever knowing what they're made of or how they work is anathema to me.

Edit: But I certainly get both your point and the point of the whole setup.

I understand your unease, but when you are dealing with systems containing hundreds of thousands of lines of code written in a style that is intentionally designed to make the internals invisible (ie. Object Oriented) it quickly begins to make a lot of sense.

Can't argue with that!

Now, back to troubleshooting... This thread, which apparently deals with a cache issue, has come this far without anybody having suggested that kevs clear caches, and in that regard I'll ask which utility would you, and everybody else, recommended for clearing some unknown cache, somewhere, possibly/probably a component of WebKit?

"applejack AUTO" comes to mind, but I've never investigated its functionality in depth, and I've got zero knowledge of the other 3rd party utilities...OnyX, Cocktail, Snow Leopard Cache Cleaner, etc.

Further, there are a skebillion caches in an OS X installation, and even if I were 100% familiar with all of the utilities I still wouldn't know whether any of them cleared the cache at issue.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire