Originally Posted By: alternaut
Originally Posted By: artie505
...we non-cable luddites will be stuck cooling our heels for hours...

How about people relying on slow satellite or (dare I even remind you) dialup connections? For these and similar concerns, check out today's entries in MacInTouch's Apple Reader Report.

Not to mention Rita and others who, like her, are hobbled by capped bandwidth... Aaargh! frown

I didn't forget about non-DSL users, rather I posted kinda postulating a "threshold d/l speed" that would be the dividing line between our being able to acquire "hard" media or not, with the low and high ends being "givens," but with DSL users possibly being stuck in some sort of middle-ground, grey area.

Actually, since I've got both an iBook G4 with a built-in modem and access to a friend's dial-up account (maintained to perpetuate an e-mail address) I've been wondering if I'll be able to spoof a dial-up connection if it comes to that.

In closing, though... I think the most important piece of info in your linked doc is Burning A Lion Boot Disc!

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire