Originally Posted By: ryck
What a swell story.......One can only imagine the look on the Bank Manager's face when the furniture started disappearing and the authorities were emptying the tills. Now, that is my kind of humour.

Tho the article did not get that specific, I assume the sheriff barred the doors and the next few hours the bank manager sweated and tried to figure out what the heck happened and finally just conceded and cut them a check to get the sheriff lock removed from his door. I doubt it came to removing assets.

I've seen this sort of thing happen a few times. The sheriff comes and throws police tape across the doorways and installs some form of lock on the doors, it's a measure mainly to prevent tampering of evidence or removal of property. (by either party) Though it's other main purpose is to get someone's attention and to realize "it's serious" and give the guilty party an opportunity to "do the right thing" and avoid additional grief and embarrassment. Sheriffs will try for an arbitration before an arrest if they can get it, unless life or property is in danger.

I work for the Department of Redundancy Department