I suspect dianne's concern has less to do with adherence to a thread's literal topic than it does with your chronic habit of diverting threads into areas which have no substantive connection to any of the issues covered.

dianne referred to "the troubleshooting topics posted by MG2009 seeking help...in the areas of date and time format in menu bar." Since wClock and MagiCal were offered as solutions, further discussion of issues arising from their implementation—including the apparent inaccessibility of the wClock site and any helpful information which might be had therefrom—is clearly in the spirit of the thread if not the letter.

Discussion of when third-party applications require authentication prior to deletion is, just as clearly, outside of any reasonable definition of what this thread is about. It's a classic case of a thread stimulating interest in a different issue which should be raised for discussion, if desired, in a new thread.

Quote:
The wClock issue about which I posted my curiosity seems to me to be worthy of exploration...

...why don't you just moderate it to its own thread in this or another forum rather than wasting my time and your own?[emphasis added]

Since you seem to have more time on your hands than any of the mods, based on your ongoing provision of about 30% of the posts made here at FTM, the least you can do is to save everybody else's time by learning the difference between participating in a naturally meandering thread and commandeering a thread to satisfy your own curiosity. It's not like this point hasn't been raised a dozen times over the years.

dkmarsh—member, FineTunedMac Co-op Board of Directors