Originally Posted By: dianne
artie505,
Originally Posted By: artie505
I'm still curious about why Finder demands authentication before moving wClock to the trash; I don't remember ever having run into that sort of behavior from a 3rd party app before.

Anybody have any insights as to reason or methodology?

I am concerned that you are posting in this thread to follow * your * curiosity rather than addressing the troubleshooting topics posted by MG2009 seeking help from FineTunedMac members in the areas of date and time format in menu bar using some version of Mac OS X.

Oh, get over it, dianne; "the troubleshooting topics posted by MG2009 seeking help from FineTunedMac members in the areas of date and time format in menu bar using some version of Mac OS X" ceased to be an issue when MG2009 reported

Quote:
Mystery solved.

in post #15615! Since then, this thread has dealt, pretty much exclusively, with wClock.

Second... Under any circumstances, I've already addressed "the troubleshooting topics [...]" by linking to MagiCal, which MG2009 has d/l'ed and is, so far, happy with.

Third... The "troubleshooting topics [...]" having been resolved to MG2009's apparent satisfaction, I find your concern with my exploring, in this thread, one of the three wClock issues that arose in this thread, two of which have already been explored in this thread, annoying. (Although I can't link to the post, I note that dkmarsh has already pronounced this very type of exploration after an initial problem has been solved to be acceptable.)

And, finally... The wClock issue about which I posted my curiosity seems to me to be worthy of exploration, and if you don't feel that its exploration in the context within which it arose is acceptable, why don't you just moderate it to its own thread in this or another forum rather than wasting my time and your own? smile

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire