Originally Posted By: grelber
It wasn't meant to be fair; it was a personal assessment.
Somehow, scanning through the musings of 500M individuals to find the pearls of wisdom that might lurk there is a tad daunting and not how I'd like to spend even a millisecond of my time.

You're not understanding how it works (at all). What appears in one's "news feed" is limited to only those people (or entities) which one has "friended" (or "Liked"). There actually is no way to go wading through a generic feed coming from every existing user simultaneously (AFAIK). One could click through on people's names and go off inspecting the walls (and/or info pages) of "friends of friends" ad nauseam... or run randon searches, i suppose -- but most savvy users have their privacy settings adjusted so that strangers only see what they're allowed to see.

Sometimes (given your attitude), i'm surprised you're even online at all. smirk

Originally Posted By: grelber
Ah yes, Facebook ... flawless friend to the feckless and fatuous ...

Sold Out by Your Favorite Facebook Apps?

Facebook may have leaked your personal information

Yeah, I'll be sure to sign up real soon. tongue

And that's mostly FUD. The only 'real' info one need supply is an email address. (most folks provide their actual names, but you can create an account with a totally fake name).

True, facebook's default privacy settings stink. So change them (to 'Only Friends' or 'Only Me'). True, the apps that people get engrossed with are both silly and sneaky. So block them.

http://sophos.com/security/best-practice/facebook/

Last edited by Hal Itosis; 05/19/11 04:41 PM.