Originally Posted By: jchuzi
I installed AFP 10.3 yesterday and was looking at its preference pane (in System Preferences). The Storage tab has an option to "Block all sites from storing information on this computer." When I checked its radio button, a warning popped up that says:

Disable Local Storage

Blocking all sites from storing information my disable functionality on some web sites.

This will also delete all data stored by previously visited sites, which may include game progress, login data, saved work, or preferences.

Then, one can either cancel or confirm the choice.

I opted to cancel, not knowing which sites this might affect. Thoughts or explanations?

I installed the Flash beta and reported on the pref pane almost two months ago.

I'm not a gamer, and I opted to "Block..." at the outset and have never looked back. (The disappearance of my prefs that I reported early on has not recurred.)

I use Safari Cookies to facilitate and fine tune my control over cookies, Flash cookies, and databases; its only "downside" is SIMBL, but Apple has not yet provided the functionality necessary to make it an extension.

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire