> As for an umbrella website [...], it's a nice idea but it requires cooperation from all the Apple websites --doesn't it? And the cost has to be shared, doesn't it? I'm not sure that the cooperation or the willingness to share costs will be there.

I didn't say I thought it would be easy, although I don't think it would be a terribly expensive proposition, and if, as tacit says, all the stand-alones are experiencing the same downturn FTM has seen, the impetus may be there.

> And I'm not sure that FTM would do that well in that environment. How does FTM stand out? In numbers, no. In talent maybe -- but who knows that? In special treatment of users. Maybe. But who knows that? In special attention to a certain class of users. What class? FTM is a general all purpose help site. It has not gone to any specialization.

FTM stands out from the crowd as the successor to MFIF... "FTM is the home-in-exile of the responders you knew, respected, and have missed since the demise of MFIF." That, I think, is FTM's major selling point, because it imparts instant credibility!

Last edited by artie505; 05/09/11 02:22 AM. Reason: posters-->responders

The new Great Equalizer is the SEND button.

In Memory of Harv: Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. ~Voltaire