I's definitely true that some fine-tuning of the site's front page might help Google visibility. I plan to start doing that as soon as I get a chance--might have to wait 'til next week.

According to the UBB.threads programmer on the UBB support forum, there is no plugin or module to allow login with Facebook Connect in version 7, or planned for version 7. They are working on this for UBB.threads version 8, which is not yet released. When it is released, it will not be a free upgrade; I don't know yet how much money it will cost to move FTM from version 7 to version 8, or when version 8 will be available. If they stick with past pricing plans, it'll likely be a couple hundred dollars to upgrade.

Making a Facebook page that redirects here likely won't do nearly as much for traffic as integrating FTM with Facebook Connect, but the advantage it has is that it's free and can be done right now. However, any FTM page on Facebook probably won't succeed unless someone is willing to work on it regularly, both promoting it and adding new content to it (perhaps a Mac tech question of the week? Something like that?). At the moment, I don't have the time to commit to doing a Facebook page that way.

Other random ideas off the top of my head:

- Creating special forums that piggyback off of other popular, high-visibility trends. A Word of Warcraft on the Mac forum, perhaps? Or a forum that hilights outstanding programs on the Mac OS App store?

- More aggressive promoting--not only in Google, but also on other forums (forum signatures are a good way to do this), in blogs, and so on. I plan to put more visible links to FTM from my other Web sites, by way of one example.

Photo gallery, all about me, and more: www.xeromag.com/franklin.html