well, we obviously have different feelings about it, and that's cool, I just get bothered by the "Facebook is evil" tone that I hear so often. I'm not an FB apologist, but it can, and is, used wisely and to great effect by many. Facebook doesn't have my credit card info, nor are my address and phone number out there for all to see. It is really not much different from a "regular" forum in the level of activity any one person can choose to engage in.

I stay in touch with people that I can't see face-to-face because they live across the ocean, or across the country. We share pictures and stories and reminisce and stay connected in a way that would not be possible if I had to phone or write them all individually. I am closer now to old friends and people that could have been friends when we went to school together but we were caught up in our own other social circles.

I have met physically, and have plans to meet some of the people that I have met through social media. My life is richer because of it.

I would agree with tacit that the FB "Discussion" concept would not work as well as the dedicated forums here, but perhaps a simple Page that could be found when searching for Mac Help on Facebook could end up leading people here.

MacBook 2.4 Ghz · 4 Gb ram · 10.7.5
stuff I'm interested in
iPhone 4s 7.0.2